[rt-users] Can't log into web interface

Leon leon at iwa-solutions.com
Tue Dec 7 15:44:17 EST 2004

Just installed RT 3.2.2 on Fedora Core2.  A thousand thanks for the
installation FAQ!!!!!  I was able to get this far in a couple of hours as
opposed to the last installation where I spent orders of magnitude longer!!!

Setup
Fedora Core 2
RT 3.2.2
Perl 5.8.3
Apache 2.0.51 using a virtual host setup
MySQL 4.0.22

As per the FAQ, I installed RT in /usr/local/rt3 instead of
/opt/rt3.  Install appeared to go OK.  I was able to start Apache with out
any problems.  When I go to the webpage I get login screen and graphics.
   But when I login, I get "Error: username or password are
incorrect".  The RT and Apache logs both say login failure.
   Initially I configured to use localhost in MySQL.  I tried going back
and configuring to use the FQDM.  The install went OK.  The initialize -db
went without error.
   I have rechecked my RT_SiteConfig.pm file to confirm the database and
web setup.

I'm probably missing something simple but......for the life of me, I can't
see it.