[rt-users] Custom Scrip Condition

Rick Measham rickm at 3d3.com
Wed Dec 8 20:24:52 EST 2004

My RT system is being 'trained' to automatically resolve tickets. The
workflow is thus:

new      -- Ticket created by Requestor
open     -- Ticket taken by a mushroom* and Mushroom
            has asked Requestor a question
replied  -- Requestor has replied
closed   -- Mushroom has answered question
resolved -- Requestor agrees that the question is answered

Now if the Requestor doesn't click the resolved button**, the ticket
should automatically resolve after 7 days.

To do that I figure a custom Scrip will work, however I need to
calculate the number of days since the ticket status became 'closed'.

Has anyone done this before?

When are the conditions checked?

If they are only checked on some sort of action on the ticket, do I need
to make an external script?

If I make an external script change the status, will an 'On Resolve'
action still trigger?

Cheers!
Rick Measham

* Mushroom: As per previous messages, a mushroom is a support person.
The poor sods are left in the dark until such time as they're about to
be eaten. They go quietly about their work, enriching the ground in
which they sit.

** The Requestors use a different interface in which they pay before
they can raise a ticket. In their interface this button DOES exist!