[rt-users] best choice for a RHEL3.0

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Dec 10 08:55:26 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 03:50, jul-rt at julbox.net wrote:

> The bugs regarding setGid (sendmail, + Locale::Maketext + a bug on
> attachments).
> I have seen a workaround for Locale::Maketext + sendmail that implied
> recompiling apache2.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_view_printable;post=337
> 43;list=rt
>
> Don't misunderstand me I am no sissy, I love compiling programms ... and
> tweaking apache configuration, however I would rather install a more recent
> and uptodate tarballed version of RT (working with RTFM) so that the
> customer can mantain it ;)

If you want to keep it simple, use fastcgi so you don't have to
recompile apache and mod_perl, and run apache as the rt user so
it doesn't need suid/setgid.  If there are other web sites on the
same server that would make this a security problem, run another
instance of httpd bound to a different IP address or port.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com