[rt-users] Queue Email to create a ticket

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 20 16:48:22 EST 2004

Hello Billy,

I sounds like you need Dirk Pape's Extract Custom Fields extension to RT.
See http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Contributions under ScripActions.

Good luck,
Steve

At Thursday 12/16/2004 02:45 PM, Billy O'Connell wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have just recently begun to fool around with RT.  I am trying to set
>up email that will open up a ticket and fill in the fields via the body
>of the email.  I have created a custom queue, called bugs.  Using the
>reply-to email address, rt-bugs at abc.com, I can send an email and open up
>a ticket, but the data entered in the email body does not .  Here is a
>look at the email body:
>
>Queue: defects
>Subject: Test Defect Queue Mail
>Owner: billy at abc.com
>Requestor: billy at abc.com
>CustomField-1: Defects
>ContentType: text/plain
>Ticket Type: Bugs
>Severity: Critical
>Content:
>E-mail ticket test #1
>Testing Email functionalitiy to see if custom fields are filled in.
>ENDOFCONTENT
>
>====
>This messages shows up in the correct queue, but only in the History
>section, not in the place where I would like it to go;  From the open
>ticket:
>
>X   Custom Fields
>Ticket Type:
>(no value)
>Severity:
>(no value)
>X   People
>Owner:
>Nobody
>
>Can anyone give me a hand here?  Is it possible to do what I want to?
>Let me know if more information is needed, and my apologies if this is
>trivial.
>
>TIA
>Billy

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
Information Services and Technology (IS&T)

sturner at mit.edu