[rt-users] My RT is too slow

Leon Sonntag leon at iwa-solutions.com
Tue Feb 3 11:20:56 EST 2004

I don't know what your hardware is like but I found that, especially on
lower end systems, memory is a major consideration.  I have RT 3.06 running
on a 400 Mhz Intel box using RedHat 8.  Initially I had 196 Mb memory
showing.  I was having performance problems.   Log on could take a minute
or more and updating took 30 sec to a minute.  I upped my memory to 324 Mb
and 90% of my performance problems disappeared.