[rt-users] due date for queue via web

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Tue Feb 3 10:44:01 EST 2004

I am running RT 3.0.6, that's what is in debian testing.

When a new ticket is created via an email, the default due date is set
properly.  However, when a new ticket is created via the web interface,
it is not set properly.

I saw this reported with a solution on both 10 Feb 2003 and on 28 Jan
2003.

The URL reported by Phil was
http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=1998&user=guest&pass=guest

and I went and looked at it.

It was a patch against Ticket.pm, and I didn't make sense against my
/usr/share/perl5/RT/Ticket.pm.  However, the term DefaultDueIn does show
up in Ticket_Overlay.pm.  There was also a large note in Ticket.pm which
was as follows:

# END LICENSE BLOCK
# Autogenerated by DBIx::SearchBuilder factory (by <jesse at bestpractical.com>)
# WARNING: THIS FILE IS AUTOGENERATED. ALL CHANGES TO THIS FILE WILL BE LOST.
#
# !! DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE !!
#

I made the change in Ticket_Overlay.pm, stopped and started apache, and
it still didn't work.

I downloaded and looked at Ticket_Overlay.pm in rt 3.0.8, stopped and
started again, and it still didn't work.

Here is my Ticket_Overlay.pm file, lines 391 to 400

    #Set the due date. if we didn't get fed one, use the queue default due in
    my $Due = new RT::Date( $self->CurrentUser );

    if ( $args{'Due'} ) {
        $Due->Set( Format => 'ISO', Value  => $args{'Due'} );
    }
    elsif (  $QueueObj->DefaultDueIn  ) {
        $Due->SetToNow;
        $Due->AddDays( $QueueObj->DefaultDueIn );
    }

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks,
rob