[rt-users] changing config values

George Barnett george at alink.co.za
Tue Feb 3 11:52:20 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm looking through the existing config of an RT installation and the
RT_SiteConfig.pm has the following values:

Set($RT::rtname , "AlinkUK");
Set($RT::Organization , "alink.uk.net");

If I change these values to some new values, namely:

Set($RT::rtname , "TroubleTicket");
Set($RT::Organization , "uk.alink.net");

Will this completely break things if I dont change anything in the DB
backend?

The reasons for this are as follows:

rtname- I need something generically whitelabelled so I can fiddle
around with getting multiple complany brand's into the same RT system
while maintaining a sense of brand identity (anybody have a better idea
here?)

organization- the domain is clearly broken.

Any suggestion appreciated

Cheers,

--

George Barnett, Scsa
Reality Engineer

eml: george at alink.co.za
gsm: +44 778 884 7205
www: www.alink.co.za

The best approach: order a large bag o' magnets -- in fact, order several:
they're fun for the whole family...  Gather the youg'uns and the missus
around and watch the media errors scroll by. Bring food. Make a night of
it.  The possibilities are limited only by your imagination and city
zoning ordinances.		    -- Bill Paul