[rt-users] Re: Problems executing cgi under mod_perl

seph seph at directionless.org
Thu Feb 5 12:38:19 EST 2004

This sounds like a general apache or mod-perl question. It doesn't
really belong on rt-users.

> When I put the cgi in /usr/lib/cgi-bin, which is referenced by httpd.conf
> in the usual way, it instead of executing attempts to download the script
> to my browser, which isn't a mime-type issue (I don't think?) because
> it works that way regardless of test browser, and other servers I have
> run cgi fine.

yes, nothing to do mime type. This means the server is just handing
you the file, instead of executing it. look at the ExecCGI option, and
the "AddHandler cgi-script" directives.

> I am currently reading that
> (http://www.the-labs.com/ModPerl/ModPerl_Guide/porting.html) there are
> whole entire books on the subject of making cgi run under mod_perl .

I'm confused about whether or not you want your cgi script to just
run, or run as under mod-perl. I'd guess that you've got some settings
that are telling apache to not use the cgi-script handler for .pl
files, but not enough settings to make them work with mod-perl. But
I'm not a mod-perl hacker.

seph