[rt-users] Requester Groups

Jason Grigsby jason at kavi.com
Fri Feb 6 17:33:41 EST 2004

We're beginning our first RT configuration. Everything is going very
well (and the documentation is great, btw).

I have run into one question. Our customers have multiple people within
their organization who contact us for requests. Sometimes it can become
unmanageable because User A and User B from the same organization ask
for something that they need done in the same time frame. Neither user
knows about the other request.

We want to set up RT such that each customer (e.g., ACME Company) has
both a queue and a group associated with it. We would then add all of
the users from that company to the group and the queue. The ideal
situation is that all employees of ACME Company can see the ACME queue
so they are aware of what their coworkers have requested.

The problem I've run into is that I can't figure out how to let an
employee of ACME Company have the ability to see tickets in the ACME
queue that he or she didn't create. The only way I've been able to do
it so far is to make the user privileged. However, it seems that RT
assumes that a privileged user is a staff person so they see things
like the amount of time that a request was worked on and other
information that a customer (or non-privileged user) shouldn't see.

Am I missing something in the configuration? Is it possible to set it
up the way I describe so that employees of a customer company can see
the requests from other employees of the same company?

Thank You,

Jason