[rt-users] RT Upgrade...now incorrect db username

Dave Royer daveroyer at scoutis.com
Thu Feb 12 17:28:48 EST 2004

I just tried upgrading RT from 3.0.2 to 3.0.8.  After the upgrade I am
getting the dreaded "internal server error".  Looking at the mySQL server
logs, RT is trying to connect to my database using the wrong username.

(I've tried searching the archives and google but haven't found anything
yet.)

The mysql log file has:
040212 16:14:12     399 Connect     Access denied for user: 'yes at localhost'
(Using password: YES)

The problem is, in my RT_SiteConfig.pm (and RT_Config.pm) I have defined the
following:

Set($DatabaseUser , 'rt3user');
Set($DatabasePassword , '<stripped>');
Set($DatabaseName , 'rt3');
Set($DatabaseType , 'mysql');
Set($DatabaseHost   , 'localhost');

I ran rt-test-dependancies prior to the upgrade and it updated DBI (I
believe) but that was it.

Any suggestions?  I'm really racking my brain on this and am out of ideas.

Thanks,

Dave