[rt-users] "People" tab gone crazy

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Feb 20 07:14:14 EST 2004

Hi,

I recently moved our RT 2.0.6 installation from one machine to another
and have run into problems.  I made sure I copied the entire Perl tree
from the old box, but managed later to "upgrade" the Perl on the new
machine to a slightly newer release, quite likely destroying (the
links to) some of the site-installed Perl modules in the process.

I downloaded a fresh copy of the 2.0.6 source code and did a "make
testdeps", which told me that only Getopt::Long was missing.  I
installed that and stopped and started Apache, but it didn't change
things.

The symptoms are such that everything is working otherwise all right,
but in every place where there is a pulldown menu for owner, the only
choices are "-" and "Nobody".  It is still possible for the queue
admins to take or steal RT cases and everybody gets the proper view of
the cases they own, but it is not possible to give a case to somebody
else because the accounts of the admins are not shown in the pulldown
menus.  It has also become impossible to "Find people whose user id
contains ______" in the New watchers section of the People tab -
though it is possible to enter the new requestors' e-mail addresses
manually and if RT already knows those addresses it will show the
corresponding real name information correctly.

In other words, it's annoying, but it's not fatal.  Nonetheless, I'd
like to fix this.  Is there another fix besides starting from a clean
Perl install and adding all the necessary modules?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,