[rt-users] "People" tab gone crazy

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Feb 27 09:29:59 EST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:14:14 +0200 (EET), I wrote:

> The symptoms are such that everything is working otherwise all right,
> but in every place where there is a pulldown menu for owner, the only
> choices are "-" and "Nobody".  It is still possible for the queue
> admins to take or steal RT cases and everybody gets the proper view of
> the cases they own, but it is not possible to give a case to somebody
> else because the accounts of the admins are not shown in the pulldown
> menus.  It has also become impossible to "Find people whose user id
> contains ______" in the New watchers section of the People tab -
> though it is possible to enter the new requestors' e-mail addresses
> manually and if RT already knows those addresses it will show the
> corresponding real name information correctly.

It's getting worse.  The database itself appears to be rotting somehow.

Cases are losing their requestors and as a result, replies are not
getting back to the users.  In addition, the problems are now visible
from the command line interface too, and (as stated) are affecting mail
transmission, so it is probably not WebRT specific.

All help is more than welcome.  I really have no idea where to start.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,