[rt-users] RT on gentoo

Paulo Matos pjsm at fct.unl.pt
Fri Feb 20 12:49:10 EST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Dan Simoes wrote:

> I'm having a hard time getting RT to install on a gentoo system.  If
> anyone has any guidance, please let me know.  I know there is no ebuild
> (portage) for gentoo except for a half-baked one from July or so.  I
> used RT a few years back and don't recall it being this hard to get
> going, but I'm looking forward to using it again.  Thanks.

I'll give you some pointers that might help. Doing an ebuild for 3.0.9
might not be so hard using the work that already haas been done.

To deal with perl modules Gentoo has done something very interesting it, i.e.
# g-cpan.pl MODULE
makes a .ebuild and installs the module

(very similar tools are cpan2rpm for RPM, http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/
and dh-make-perl for DEBs)

Pointers
--------
* Gentoo Forum discussion on this
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=52692&start=50

*RT ebuild (for 3.0.1 and 3.0.4)
http://josiah.ritchietribe.net/RT.net-www.tar.gz
 +CVS used for this package (development stop apparently)
  http://cvs.extros.ca/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/RT-Gentoo/net-www/

	Hope this helps,

--
	Paulo Matos