[rt-users] RT customization fields

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Feb 24 10:14:56 EST 2004

Kevin Moran scripted ::

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking to create a keyword called Severity with a rating of 1 to
>4. When a ticket creatorand chooses a severity I would like this to
>also automatically change the priority and due date to match the
>severity of the ticket.  My perl scripting is non-existent so if
>someon could help that would be great.

Just curious: How does Severity and Priority differ? I would think
that they would be linked in such a way that they don't ever separate
and that this is therefore a pointless endeavor, but watching this and
other lists constantly stretches my understanding of things. I sense
such an experience here.

Thanks,
JSR/