[rt-users] rt-cvsgate - no 'Tag' data

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at terpsichore.ws
Wed Feb 25 21:26:43 EST 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 19:26, John Jasen wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Cerion Armour-Brown wrote:
> > Hi
> > I've just setup rt-cvsgate, but have a problem:
> > I want the cvs 'Tag' written to the message, but $file->{'tag'} always
> > returns empty...
> >  - I can't find much on the web that talks about the option 't' (for
> > tags) in the args %{Vvts}... most places just talk of %{sVv}
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can fix this?
> >
> > I realise I can also get the tag from the <STDIN> (at the mo, it's just
> > thrown away), but if someone knows how to 'enable' the 't' option, that'd
> > be nicer.
>
> To be honest, I think I did the last update to rt-cvsgate. After using it
> for a while, and specifically having problems with tags, I gave up and
> just scripted something to take it from stdin and mail it to
> rt at mydomain.com.
>
> Sorry I can't be much more help on that.

No worries - good to know the situation.
I kinda like 'posting' the message tho...
I've kludged it to take the first branch tag from STDIN... I've never
committed on multiple branches at the same time, even if it's possible, so
that shouldn't be a problem.
And cheers Jesse, but I don't think I'll be moving to NetBSD's hacked cvs in
the near future!
Cerion