[rt-users] cannot change own language preference unless having AdminUsers rights

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Sat Jan 3 20:46:52 EST 2004

Hi,

In our setup, users cannot update their own language preference. It seems,
from checking the sql queries, that the right "AdminUsers" is required.
This cannot be correct. Is there something corrupt in our database, or is
it a bug?

/Palle

PS. Also, very odd, one of our users got the interface in Norwegian, since,
in her browser's list of accepted languages, the only language was Swedish.
Cool AI to pick Norweigian, but really, if your a Swede you're far more
used to English than Norwegian. Sad but true. Of course she does not have
AdminUsers rights, so she couldn't get rid of it either... Until we added
English to the list of accepted languages in her browser settings. DS.