[rt-users] Problem with Creating a Ticket

Mike Ridilla mike.ridilla at globalcomplianceservices.com
Wed Jan 7 14:23:00 EST 2004

Hey everyone,

I recently install RT using the following configuration:

RT 3.03
Redhat Fedora
FastCGI 2.4.2
Apache 1.3.29
MYSQL 4.0.17

After much trial and tribulation, I finally got RT up and running.  My only
problem is during the creation of a new ticket.  After I click the 'Create'
button on the 'Create a new ticket' screen, the browser hangs for a bit then
I get the standard Apache Internal Server Error page.  Apache's error logs
show the following:

[Wed Jan  7 14:16:49 2004] [error] [client 10.7.3.109] FastCGI: comm with
server "/usr/local/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" aborted: idle timeout (30
sec)
[Wed Jan  7 14:16:49 2004] [error] [client 10.7.3.109] FastCGI: incomplete
headers (0 bytes) received from server
"/usr/local/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi"

But the really strange part is that the ticket itself does get created (I
see that the ticket gets created from the home page)!  I haven't encountered
any other errors during my testing of the rest of RT.  Has anyone ever seen
this error or know what causes it?  I searched the web and the RT archives
with no luck.

Thanks in advance!
Mike Ridilla
Network Admin - Global Compliance Services