[rt-users] Https RT3

Jeff Minelli Minelli at psu.edu
Tue Jan 13 21:19:16 EST 2004

>I have been running RT3 in Apache+1.3.27+mod_perl+MySQL-4.0.13+Solaris8

>I am trying to switch to https. However before I do that I like to find
>if there is any watch out that anyone recommends. It would be easier if (
>Sorry if there is already one and I am not aware of it) there are some
>steps towards that.

>Any hint/suggestion/direction/constructive advice/ would be greatly
>appreciated

Make sure that you turn off web server authentication to the mail gateway
that resides under the share/html directory otherwise when you try to
email RT, you'll get a permission denied with rt-mailgate. Mine looks
like:

        Alias /rt3/REST/1.0  /opt/rt3/share/html/REST/1.0
        <Location "/rt3/REST/1.0">
                Satisfy Any
                Options FollowSymLinks Indexes ExecCGI
                AllowOverride None
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from MY.MAIL.MACHINE.ONLY
        </Location>

Otherwise, I don't remember having a problem.

-jeff