[rt-users] Custom User information

Niedens, Travis Travis_Niedens at redlands.edu
Wed Jan 14 19:47:18 EST 2004

All,

I have tried adding a custom user information field into the user profile.
Adding in the field in mysql is simple, however when modifying the
Admin/Users/Modify.html to allow for that field to be populated, I get the
following message:

RT Error
the calling component did not specify why

Here's what I have added in:

1 -
<TR><TD ALIGN="RIGHT">
<&|/l&>Employee ID</&>:
</TD><TD>
<input name="EmployeeID" value="<%$UserObj->EmployeeID%>">
<b><&|/l&>(required)</&></b>
</TD></TR>

2 -
# If we have a user to modify, lets try.
if ($UserObj->Id) {

    my @fields = qw(Name EmployeeID Comments Signature EmailAddress
FreeformContactInfo
		    Organization RealName NickName Lang EmailEncoding
WebEncoding
		    ExternalContactInfoId ContactInfoSystem Gecos
ExternalAuthId
		    AuthSystem HomePhone WorkPhone MobilePhone PagerPhone
Address1
		Address2 City State Zip Country
		   );

3 -

$EmployeeID => undef

The field in MySQL is defined as VarChar(200) with null allowed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Travis Niedens
Network Manager