[rt-users] httpd speed on rt3

Mike Frazer Michael.Frazer at InterCept.Net
Tue Jan 20 09:34:46 EST 2004

Consider that MySQL may not be optimized on the RT3 machine, and what you
are seeing with Perl is actually just Perl waiting on the records to be
retrieved.  There are quite a few joins in the SQL queries, so an
unoptimized database could very well be slowing things down.

In my personal experience, as well, MySQL 3.23.xx always seemed to run
better for me than did 4.0.xx, regardless of what I did to improve the
speed.  Maybe it was just me but that was my experience.

-----Original Message-----
From: Palle Girgensohn [mailto:girgen at pingpong.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 11:15 PM
To: Douglas E. Warner; rt-users at lists.fsck.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] httpd speed on rt3

I'm seeing similar performance problems. Pls check out the thread @
rt-devel from Jan 15th.

I run fastcgi, so I see the Perl process eating CPU cycles, since you run
mod_perl, you see the httpd process hogging, since that's where perl runs.
It's definitely perl doing some bad stuff.

I've no idea what happens yet, but just wanted to tell you that you're not
alone, FWIW. :)

Palle

--On torsdag, januari 15, 2004 21.01.39 -0500 "Douglas E. Warner"