[rt-users] printing ticket summaries

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jan 21 08:53:14 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 03:07, Dag Bruck wrote:
> > At my work place, the help-desk likes to printout tickets and tape them
> > on broken systems. However, some tickets can be a few pages long.
> >
> > Is there a CLEAN way to print tickets that are created in RT ?
>
> At the risk of sounding simple-minded, I suggest you do a normal print
> but only print the first page.  With some luck you even get the
> meaningful parts of the problem report.

Actually, that's a more generic problem: when most of the
correspondence is done by email much of the content gets
duplicated in unnecessary quoting, only half of which is
even under your control.  You can end up with pages of
repeated items with the new part you want to see at the
bottom.  Has anyone modified RT to only display the last
item (or the last screen's worth of text) with a link to
expand the earlier items for the rare case where you've
forgotten them?

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com