[rt-users] httpd speed on rt3

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Jan 21 12:25:36 EST 2004

> After fresh restart:
> displaying ticket: 10s
> replaying queries: 1.5s
>
> Then (not restarted):
> displaying ticket: 9s
> replaying queries: 0.06s

> I'm not seeing the same queries over and over again like Palle was; there 227
> queries for the page load, but there's 88 transactions (that includes
> comments, correspondance, and actions).

Ok. I think there's the thing that's taking the time. how long are the
comments and correspondence? Are there attachments to the ticket?  I'm
betting that you don't see such performance issues on shorter tickets.

This is a known issue with long tickets with a lot of attachment
content, especially "binary" attachments that aren't displayed inline. A
customer asked us to quote a fix for them. We've sent them the quote and
are just waiting for them to decide whether or not to go for it. (It
involves a bunch of changes to RT's core.)  Ruslan sent a draft of a
possible fix to rt-devel as well, which may work for you.

	Jesse