[rt-users] httpd speed on rt3

AJ rt at musefoundry.com
Wed Jan 21 13:31:47 EST 2004

Have you enabled ExtendedStatus in apache and taken a peek at what it is
doing?

Also there is:

<Location /perl-status>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Status
PerlSetVar StatusOptionsAll On
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from All
Allow from <your ip>
</Location>

That will show you the Perl config, Memory, Loaded Modules, the stack, etc..

Out of curiosity, as well as CPU, how does the load average and per process
memory consumption on the box look?  Top can give you those, and vmstat can
at least give you an idea if processes are getting blocked for some reason.
Also for linux, the following can give you memory usage for httpd:
perl -pe 's/^(\w+)-(-w+) /hex($2) - hex($1) . " "/e' \
> </proc/`cat <httpd.pidfile>`/maps

I know in mysql there are sort and read buffer memory settings.  If not set
high enough, performance can degrade.

Mysql 4.0 will do query caching.  Set query_cache_size in the my.cnf.
Problem is that table updates will clear the cache and RT being a
transactional system, the cache may never be used for ticket but may be used
for principal, user, and group lookups