[rt-users] rt-mailgate problem with RT 3.0.8

Dan Armeneau darmeneau at prl.ab.ca
Thu Jan 22 14:59:12 EST 2004

I have added the following to my /etc/mail/aliases and once again ran
'newaliases' but still can't seem to get the mail into RT.

-------------[ /etc/mail/aliases  SNIP]----------------
helpdesk: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
correspond --url http://queue.prl.ab.ca/"
helpdesk-comment: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
comment --url http://queue.prl.ab.ca/"

help: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue test --action
correspond --url http://queue.prl.ab.ca/"
help-comment: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue test --action
comment --url http://queue.prl.ab.ca/"

-------------[ /etc/mail/aliases End of Snip]----------

Now the documentation seems a bit scant on this but I'm assuming you need
more 'entry pairs' in /etc/mail/aliases to accomodate more 'queues'.

I have also given the Configuration -> Global -> Group Rights 'System
Groups' the following:

Everyone = Comment on Ticket, Create Ticket, Reply to Ticket, See Queue.
Unpriveledged = Create Ticket.

I'm thinking I should have things covered with those permissions but perhaps
have given too many rights to System Group 'Everyone'.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Dan