[rt-users] Re: Multiple User Add

Asif Iqbal iqbala at qwestip.net
Tue Jan 27 16:38:55 EST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, seph wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:00:47 -0500
> From: seph <seph at directionless.org>
> To: Asif Iqbal <iqbala at qwestip.net>
> Cc: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
> Subject: Re: Multiple User Add
>
> ( http://web.mit.edu/seph/Public/tmp/dcm3.pl )
>
> >> well, it's failing around line 176, though it might be the bit where
> >> it assigns $new_user just above. That code worked a couple rt3
> >> versions ago, and I don't have time to really debug it now. I expect
> >> it's a simple fix though.
> >
> > I would really appreciate if you could give me a little bit more hints on the
> > fix
>
> You say "hints" as if I knew, and was just being stingy. I have no

Sorry it came out that way. I was trying to ask if there is any specific module
that I should look into and if there is any how-to on perl module debug
(something simple for newbie).

> idea why it's failing, and I don't have the time to debug it further. I
> can certainly quote you consulting rates, but my time is not very cheap.

Unfortunately I don't have the option to spend money :-(

> You can also contact sales at bestpractical.com, I'm sure they'd be happy
> to help meet your needs.

Same as above

> seph

Anyway, I finally got this figured out. It started working after I commented out
like 118. Line 176 is fine.

Also I am using SetPassword in the frob_rt_user since users cannot login w/ or
w/o using NO-PASSWORDS

Thanks a lot again for your code

- --
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
There's no place like 127.0.0.1