[rt-users] UTF-8 search Problem

Dmitry Monakhov monakhv at ot.ru
Thu Jan 29 01:58:56 EST 2004

>>>Can you capture the SQL query that RT is generating in yor mysql logs
>>>and compare it with your hand-entered query and tell us what the
>>>difference is?
>>>

>>The difference is in the search pattern. It seems to be double utf-8
>>encoded. By the way, I had no such problem in version 3.0.6
>

> Sorry, I should have asked you to send a copy of the query along as
> well. Also, are you using perl 5.8.3 or something older? 5.8.3 fixed a
> bunch of utf8 bugs, including a bad double-encoding one.

I'm using perl 5.8.3 and double utf-8 encoding problem I had before  has
been solved by perl upgrade. You can find two file attached below:
1. rt_q.sql  RT sql query captured from mysql log file which produce no
counts
2 hand.sql the same sql query as the first one but corrected by me to
produce right result

--
Dmitry Monakhov System Administrator
Open Technologies, tel: +7(095)787-7027