[rt-users] Privilege questions

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Sat Jul 3 22:18:42 EDT 2004

(RT 3.2.0, perl 5.8.3, fastcgi, apache 1.3.29)

Two priv questions:

  1. I've given a user ModifyTicket rights. But he still
     can't assign a ticket to some other user.  The list
     of users is supposed to appear in a dropdown list.
     The list is there, but the names of the users are blanked out!
     I seem to need to assign AdminUser rights so he can
     see the other users.  This code is from /Elements/SelectUser,
     but the priv restriction seems more deeply embeded.
     Oddly the User->Id shows in the html, but not User->Name.

     Shouldn't ModifyTicket be sufficient to assign a new owner?
     Or do we need another special priv? (TakeTicket and StealTicket
     are already assigned in this case, and all priv users
     can OwnTicket.)

  2. In my group, we don't use Comments.  We don't want the tempation
     of writing something about a user that might be embarassing
     if it leaked. (Due to human error, of course!)  I'd like
     to turn off the ability to comment, but ModifyTicket
     seems to put it back.  I've actually modified RT
     so that ModifyTicket is not sufficient, you must also
     have CommentOnTicket (or superuser) privs.

     Anyone else interested in this?

        bobg