[rt-users] privs for self-service ticket submission?

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Tue Jul 6 10:46:56 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 11:35:18AM -0500, Bob Goldstein wrote:
>      A. If RT is going to hide all this, at the very least
>         it should be a bit more subtle.  Don't show the Owner
>         column on the list of open tickets, if you aren't
>         going to show any owners.

Copy /path/to/rt3/share/html/SelfService/Elements/MyRequests to
/path/to/rt3/local/html/SelfService/Elements/MyRequests and remove the
column from there.

>    2. Now, as non-priv user, I want to submit a new Ticket.
>       Can't do it, because none of the queues are visible in
>       the drop-down list.  Adding SeeQueue doesn't help,
>       either global or per-queue.  What priv is needed?

Grant unprivileged users or everyone CreateTicket for the appropriate
queues. The wiki page http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Rights
may be helpful to you as you continue to work through granting
permissions.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"