[rt-users] Getting Approvals working in RT 3.0.11-1

Jens Porup jens at cyber.com.au
Mon Jul 12 01:20:10 EDT 2004

G'day,

Using RT 3.0.11-1, I have set up a scrip in my incoming queue that is:

On Create, Create Tickets with Template:

	===Create-Ticket:ticket_resolution
	Subject: Approve Resolved for ticket {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
	Depended-On-By: TOP
	Queue: Approvals
	Cc: jensp at strategicdata.com.au
	Content: Someone has set an Incoming Batch ticket's state to Resolved.
	You should review and approve it (or deny it) as necessary.
	ENDOFCONTENT

I have read Appendix 5 thoroughly, and also reviewed the helpful notes at
	http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ApprovalCreation

But I still can't get anything to show up when I click approvals.

I have gone into the __Approval queue and given root all permissions on tickets
in that queue, but that seems to make now difference.

I'm actually trying to get this to work on a User Defined Condition:

	return undef
	unless
	(
	($self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('state') =~ /Resolved/i) ||
	($self->TicketObj->Status() =~ /resolved/i)
	);
	return 1;

But to isolate the problem I've testing this with a simple On Create, and it
produces the same results--or lack thereof.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jens