[rt-users] apache auth and /etc/aliases

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 12 16:33:06 EDT 2004

I setup my apache server to auth against ldap when people attempt to
access my http://myserver.com/rt3 folder.

This works great, except that my /etc/aliases file tells mailgate to use
the url to create tickets:
rt: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond
--url http://myserver.com/rt3/"

Unfortunately now apache won't let mailgate create tickets.

- Any tips on how I can run mailgate differently (e.g. not using web
like it was in rt2)?

- Can I make mailgate pass a username and password (just for ticket
creation purposes)?

- Anyone know how to make auth_ldap make exceptions for localhost?

My httpd.conf:
--------
Alias /rt3/rt3/NoAuth/images/  /usr/local/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
Alias /rt3 /usr/local/rt3/share/html/
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Location /rt3>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler RT::Mason
   PerlModule Apache::DBI
</Location>
<Directory "/usr/local/rt3/share/html">
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride All
     #added below for ldap auth
     require valid-user
     AuthLDAPStartTLS On
     AuthType Basic
     authName "LDAP username and password"
     AuthLDAPURL ldap://mycompany.com:389/dc=mycompany,dc=com?uid
</Directory>
--------

Thanks,
Mike