[rt-users] Blank Comment

Bret Martin bam at miranda.org
Tue Jul 13 16:58:26 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:49:31 +0200 Leon wrote:
> If I open a existing ticket and click on Comment, then click on Home
> without doing anything on the comment screen, RT saves a blank Comment.
>
> Does any one else have this problem? I haven't had this problem with
> 3.0.11. I'm not sure if it is a scrip yet. i checked mine, but couldn't
> see how it would be able to do this.

I bet you're using MySQL and your tables are MyISAM and not InnoDB.

In RT 3.2, when you load the update page, it looks like RT creates an
empty comment or reply and then rolls back the transaction.  Since
MyISAM tables don't support transactions, the blank comment/reply stays.

I didn't trace this through in the code so I don't know where it happens
-- I figured it out my observing my MySQL query log when I noticed the
same thing on a test RT instance where I had set it up with MyISAM
tables.

--Bret