[rt-users] Blank Comment

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 13 17:08:47 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 16:58, Bret Martin wrote:
> I bet you're using MySQL and your tables are MyISAM and not InnoDB.
That'd be my guess, too.

> I didn't trace this through in the code so I don't know where it happens
It happens when the "this message will be sent to" section is generated;
the most foolproof method is, as you noted, to fake a comment, find out
what happened, then roll it back.
  The solution is to use a MySQL server that supports InnoDB tables.
Starting with RT 3.2.1, trying to install RT with a MySQL build that
doesn't support InnoDB tables will give an error.
 - Alex

--
Networking -- one letter away from not working