[rt-users] closing tickets via email

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 17:06:24 EDT 2004

I've seen messages in the past about this, but can't
locate any info about it in the documentation.
I use RT 2.0.15 and would like to have the ability to
close a ticket via email.  So, if the body of the
email contains something like "RESOLVE-RT", it would
resolve the existing ticket.
My thinking was that I could simply do this via the
aliases file.  So, instead of what I have now for my
general queue:

general: "|/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general
--action correspond"

I would have something like this:

general:  "|/path/to/resolveCheck.pl"

and resolverCheck.pl would look something like:

@message=<STDIN>;
$messageString=join(" ", @message);

if ($messageString =~ m/RESOLVE-RT/) {
open (PIPE, "|/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general
--action resolve");
print PIPE @message;
close PIPE;
}

else {
open (PIPE, "|/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general
--action correspond");
print PIPE @message;
close PIPE;
}

Unfortunately, "--action resolve" is not valid.  Only
"comment" and "correspond" are valid.

Any other way to accomplish this?

Thanks!