[rt-users] Rt on Sun hardware with Solaris OS

Brian_Gupta at timeinc.com Brian_Gupta at timeinc.com
Wed Jul 21 15:52:22 EDT 2004

Sun wrote an install guide:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SolarisInstallGuide

Unfortunately this came out after we did our install, so I can't speak
for it's quality, but I looked it over and it looks a good basic install
guide. (It doesn't really cover customization)

We have been running RT 3.0.8 on Solaris 8 for about a year now. I
recommend the effort, as it is a very useful tool. It took about a day
or two to get it up, not much hacking involved. The hardest part was
installing all the prerequisite perlmodules. I ended up using the CPAN
module, and it became much easier.

Once you have it up and running, further configuration and customization
took about a week. (This included time to read the docs and familiarize
myself with the application).

Please let me know if you have any questions. You will find
http://wiki.bestpractical.com is a decent resource, once you decide to
go forward.

-Brian