[rt-users] RE: Rt on Sun hardware with Solaris OS

Richard Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 22 02:49:24 EDT 2004

RT does indeed run very happily on Soliaris SPARC boxes. We initially tested
it on an Ultra 10 loaded with all the ram it could carry, but have shifted it
to a pair of fully specc'd Enterprise 420R's now that it is in production.
Our install guide is a fairly useful place to start and there is only
one serious gotcha, look out for the socket error fix on the wiki. My
fix has been superceded by the newer version including it in the
RT_Siteconfig.pm now.

We use MySQL, Apache/ModPerl and have run it successfully using its
internal database and webserver.

Have CPAN setup before you start and make fixdeps in the new versions
will take care of almost all of the headaches.

Feel free to call me if you need any help.

Rik

Message: 6