[rt-users] Error: can't find Listing.html

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin at insight.rr.com
Mon Jul 26 09:52:54 EDT 2004

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> Paul McFerrin wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I've installed rt-3.0.10.  When doing the following:
>>     1) Logged on as prvilege
>>     2) search for tickets containing the word "ticket"
>>     3) on first page of resutls, I refine my search by specifying
>> before a certain date
>>     4) click "Search" button
>>
>> I get the following error:
>>     can't find Listing.html
>> The partial URL was:
>>    http://bison.cb.lucent.com/Listing.html?Bookmark=FrT%253B% ...
>>
>> If I manually insert "/Search" immediately before "/Listing..." then
>> it can find it.
>>
>> Looks like some one somewhere dropped the "/Search" prefix in forming
>> the URL and I looked and can't find it.  File "Listing.html" is
>> present under:
>>     share/html/Search
>>     var/mason_data/obj/standard/Search
>>
>> My apache error log contained the following line:
>>
>>   [Sun Jul 25 01:35:21 2004] [error] [Mason] File does not exist:
>>                /bld/RT/share/html/Listing.html
>>
>> Does anyone know where the culprit referring file is located so I can
>> fix it?
>

> Thanks, good report. This bug is fixed in 3.0.11.
>

>                 Best regards. Ruslan.

Below is a "workaround" to this problem in the mean time for those who might be on 3.0.10
for a while.
-paul mcferrin

A bug "somewhere" is calling the URL Listing.html without
prefixing "Search/" and is resulting in file not found.
As a workaround, the following symbolic links were created
in this directory (share/html):

    ln -s ./Search/Listing.html Listing.html
    ln -s ../Search/Elements/PickRestriction Elements/PickRestriction
    ln -s ../Search/Elements/TicketHeader Elements/TicketHeader
    ln -s ../Search/Elements/TicketHeaderCell Elements/TicketHeaderCell
    ln -s ../Search/Elements/TicketRow Elements/TicketRow

The first symbolic link fixes the missing file itself (Listing.html)
but as a result, it is referring to other under "Search/Elements" so
those files (4 total) had to be linked under the ./Elements directory.

These links can easily be removed on a future upgrade or fix.