[rt-users] Debian packages for rt3.2.1

Stephen Quinney stephen at jadevine.org.uk
Mon Jul 26 12:03:00 EDT 2004

Yes, after much waiting, the Debian packages for the RT3.2 series are
now available to download. It has taken quite a while to transfer over
all the packaging from RT3.0 and ensure it all works plus add the new
bits. Apologies for the delay but we hope it has been worth the
wait.

The packages are not yet available for apt install, they will take a
couple of weeks or so to make it through all the usual checks the
ftpmasters make on upload of a new package. In the meantime you can
get .debs from http://users.ox.ac.uk/~stephen/, the current package
version is 3.2.1-1, so you want:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~stephen/request-tracker3.2_3.2.1-1_all.deb
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~stephen/rt3.2-clients_3.2.1-1_all.deb

The packages are named request-tracker3.2 and rt3.2-clients which
means they can be installed at the same time as the request-tracker3
and rt3-clients packages. If you install both concurrently be careful
as the common commands (rt-crontool, rt-mailgate, etc..) are managed
via update-alternatives, with the 3.0 series tools currently having
the higher priority. Note that I don't think it is possible to
actually run both systems concurrently with modperl1 or modperl2, it
might be possible with a simpler CGI environment.

Please read the README.Debian (and INSTALL.Debian if you haven't
previously used the Debian rt packages) before proceeding.

I am sure there are going to be bugs in these first publically
available packages. We have tested them as much as possible but we
don't have the opportunity to test even all the normal situations
never mind all the peculiar ones. Bug reports should be sent direct to
me for now until the request-tracker3.2 package appears in Debian
sid/unstable.

Have fun.

Stephen Quinney