[rt-users] Multiple emails depending on custom field values.

Philip Shon crazypheel at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 14:57:03 EDT 2004

I am helping to create a ticketing system for an ISP and we are keeping
track of offenses (i.e. spam, file sharing, etc), where we have a sort of 3
strikes and your out rule.

What I want to do is have RT send email to an address specified in a custom
field, and send out a specific mail message depending on the value of
another custom field, that is keeping track of which offense it is.

Here's what I've tried to do so far:

I tried looking in /lib/RT/Actions and I've been examining "Notify.pm",
"SendEmail.pm", and "Autoreply.pm" I cannot seem to find the required
prepare and commit subroutines in these modules.  So am I looking in the
wrong place?

Or is there is simpler way to accomplish my objective?

Thanks in advance.

-Phil