[rt-users] database: user password encryption

Jamie Baddeley jamie.baddeley at fx.net.nz
Wed Jun 2 23:40:51 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm wanting to use mod_auth_pgsql to connect to the user table of the
database so I can use my RT user/pass pair for apache authentication.

I want to use my RT DB as the master user db for other websites.

mod_auth_pgsql can deal with crypt and MD5 coded passwords.....

what format does rt store the passwords in? Because it's not working for
me....saying there's a password mismatch..

My apache snippet looks like this:

 AuthType basic
        AuthName "Access via Postgres"
        Auth_PG_host            aa.bb.cc.dd