[rt-users] Email problems when sending attachments

Sebastian Flothow lists at flothow.de
Thu Jun 3 08:00:09 EDT 2004

Am 2. Jun 2004 um 23:47 Uhr schrieb Kogami, Bruce:
> From sendmail.org
> If e-mail is delivered to a program which generates too much output,
> then sendmail may issue an error:
>
>   timeout waiting for input from local during Draining Input
>
> Make sure that the program does not generate output beyond a status
> message (corresponding to the exit status). This may require a wrapper
> around the actual program to redirect output to /dev/null.
> ----
>
> Is there anyway to redirect the program output to /dev/null?

I don't think you want to do this, as you would lose legitimate error
output as well. Also, if rt-mailgate is generating too much output
(whatever is considered too much by sendmail), then something is wrong
anyway.

What happens when you run rt-mailgate manually, feeding it a message
with attachments on stdin?

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.