[rt-users] rt CLI and custom fields when creating tickets

Paul Schmidt dawsons at augsburg.edu
Wed Jun 9 12:20:20 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple script to automatically create around 300
tickets in RT (currently running 3.0.9).  Each ticket represents one
computer that needs to be replaced and the ticket will need to have some
custom fields set that indicate the department getting the system, what
type of system it is, etc.  I'm planning on using Perl to feed data to
the rt executable.  A simple test creation of a ticket without the
custom fields works properly:

rt create -i -t ticket <rt/ticket.tmpl

where ticket.tmpl is:

id: ticket/new