[rt-users] Group.Name NULL (~performace)

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Jun 9 16:09:31 EDT 2004

Jure Simsic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to drill to the bottom of why my RT performance is really
> sluggish and it burns out nearly all of my CPU (on a 4 CPU solaris
> box!!!!). As i was looking around through the mysql tables i found out i
> have a bunch of groups with NULL name or just empty string. The
> situation is like this:

[snip]

read this
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?Group
try next query to better understand what this groups mean:
mysql> select Domain, Type, count(1) from Groups GROUP BY Domain, Type;

> Shit. Is this normal?? I have a feeling my DB is all messed up. The page
> loads take a long time and the main reason that I've stumbled on this
> Groups thing is that i have a test user and i couldn't deassign him from
> one group - it would timeout and the CPU just went ^^^..So I had to
> delete him from group membership by hand..
To help developers you should collect debug info about where it sucks:
1) mysql> show full processlist;
2) MySQL full query log;
3) RT log;
4) more info
We have 1CPU and RT with >100k tickets, 90k users, 400k records in
Groups table and everything is fine with user management.

> Are there any DB  sanity tools/checks one could try or just some schema
> to recreate the db anew and in sane state?
You can try to apply constraints.mysql file to your DB copy.