[rt-users] Attachment Problems - Yet Another

Mike Ridilla mike.ridilla at globalcomplianceservices.com
Tue Jun 15 15:59:47 EDT 2004

Hey Everyone,

Here's my system:
RT 3.0.8
Perl 5.8.4
mod_perl 1.29
apache 1.3.29
RH Enterprise

I was having the problem with attachments becoming corrupted after a short
while after an apache restart, which I fixed by upgrading from Perl 5.8.0 to
5.8.4 and then rebuilding mod_perl and apache.  So life was good! :-)  I've
been creating test tickets like crazy and every once in a while when I add
an attactment to a ticket and then create the ticket, there is no link on
the Display.html for that attachment in the ticket.  The attachment seems to
be there, but the 'Download <name of attachment> size' link isn't there for
that attachment.  Also, the attachment itself isn't listed in the
'Attachments' box either.  I've created test tickets with multiple
attachments, and other attachments in the same ticket are uploaded
correctly.  It seems like it happens to mostly word documents, but certainly
not all word documents.  And it's repeatable with the same darn attachment.
Anyone ever see this before?  Any fixes out there?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Mike Ridilla

System Admin
Global Compliance Services