[rt-users] dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 choking on attachment

Robert Joost rob.joost at knowledgenet.com
Thu Jun 17 20:47:49 EDT 2004

Hello,
This is my first post so please bear with me.

Trying to upgrade from RT2 to RT3. I successfully exported RT2 using
rt-2.0-to-dumpfile.
(Using VERSION 1.23 of rt2-to-rt3-1.23)
RT2 is running on an RH8 box with Postgres 7.2

RT2 is at 2.0.15 and RT3 is at rt-3-0-4

I built another box with FreeBSD and built RT3, scp'd the dump over to
that box and ran
dumpfile-to-rt-3.0.

After running ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 /tmp/dump

Importing groups
gggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqImporting
tickets...t-17
.t-18
.t-19
Couldn't create attachment
$VAR1 = {
'Subject' => '',
'ContentType' => 'application/msword',
'Filename' => 'Script for testing the functionality of RT ticket 273.doc',
'Headers' => 'Content-Type: application/msword;
name="Script for testing the functionality of RT ticket 273.doc"
',
'Creator' => '19',
'Parent' => '1133',
'Created' => '2003-01-22 00:53:13+00',
'ContentEncoding' => 'base64',
'id' => '1135',
'TransactionId' => '2420'
};

ERROR: parser: unterminated quoted string at or near "'ÐÏࡱ?á" at
character 682
[Fri Jun 18 00:16:02 2004] [crit]: Died at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 719.
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm:242)