[rt-users] Re: RT 3 in FreeBSD Jail

Oskar Eyb oskar-rt at eyb.de
Sat Jun 19 14:41:35 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 08:17:28PM +0200, Rainer Duffner wrote:

> >I want to use RT3 in a Jail on a FreeBSD-System. That means a read-only
> >/usr filesystem, what seems not to be working:

> First of all, it will be a good idea to use perl5.8.4, now that it has
> finally been committed.

okay, I'll update perl..

But then, the old error

error:          mkdir /usr/local/rt3/var/mason_data/obj/standard:
Read-only file system

because of the readl-only fs is still a problem for me.

Can RT be configured to use other directorys for writing?

> Try to get rid of anything of Perl 5.6.1, including the additional modules
> you installed under 5.6.1, before you start again with the dependencies.
> I was under the impression that running RT3 with 5.6.1 is really
> unsupported.
>
> Also, in a jail, you will not be able to use postgresql.

Why should TCP-connections to the database server not work?

Oskar