[rt-users] Adding more status types

Dave Dennis dmd at speakeasy.org
Mon Jun 21 18:19:53 EDT 2004

Kelly, List..

Regarding custom status -- I was able to succesfully update the arrays in
{RT}/lib/RT/Queue_Overlay.pm -- as a test, adding some new resolve codes to

@ACTIVE_STATUS = qw(new open stalled pending);
@INACTIVE_STATUS = qw(resolved rejected deleted on-hold);

And then testing it with restarting apache and creating / resolving test ticket
using a new value... So thats great, thanks for the heads-up.

Two questions:

First: I was unable to get {RT}/local/lib/Queue_Overlay.pm
with the same change to work, want to make all changes to a 'local' ..
What was I doing wrong?  (This for testing was with a whole copy of default
Queue_Overlay.pm, should it have only had the specific lines needed not the
whole file?

Second question: Is it allowed to remove an item from an array,
for example we rarely to never use 'stalled' .  Would it break
logic elsewhere in default code if 'stalled' were removed from the
array?

Thanks!

+ Dave Dennis
+ Seattle, WA