[rt-users] Adding more status types

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Mon Jun 21 22:01:01 EDT 2004

At 06:19 PM 6/21/2004, Dave Dennis wrote:
>First: I was unable to get {RT}/local/lib/Queue_Overlay.pm
>with the same change to work, want to make all changes to a 'local' ..
>What was I doing wrong?  (This for testing was with a whole copy of default
>Queue_Overlay.pm, should it have only had the specific lines needed not the
>whole file?

You only need to duplicate the *functions* you wish to override. But you
must duplicate entire functions, not just individual lines. You might have
better luck with Queue_Local.pm.

>Second question: Is it allowed to remove an item from an array,
>for example we rarely to never use 'stalled' .  Would it break
>logic elsewhere in default code if 'stalled' were removed from the
>array?

As I recall, it was said that removing or altering the default statuses
would be a Bad Thing. If you have a great dislike for "stalled," you may be
better off trying to change it at the presentation layer. Modify all the
Mason components responsible for displaying the statuses to substitute your
preferred name in the user visible areas but retain "stalled" in the back end.

I know I've said this before, but if you feel a need to change the
statuses, I would strongly suggest reconsidering a more RT like way of
solving your work flow. There are no API guarantees for statuses which
means that your custom statuses can break at any point with an upgrade.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                 http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"