[rt-users] rt3 & bzip2 on FreeBSD

Jerod Prothe zjerodp at acck.edu
Thu Jun 24 10:33:04 EDT 2004

Hi,

  I am brand new to rt, and am in the middle of trying to install
rt-3.0.11 on FreeBSD 5.1 using the port.  When I cd to
/usr/ports/www/rt3 and execute make, I get the following output:

# make

You may use the following build options:

      DB_TYPE=type                    mysql, Oracle, Pg or SQLite (mysql)
      DB_HOST=hostname                The database host (localhost)
      DB_PORT=port                    The database port
      DB_DBA_USER=username            Name of database administrator (root)
      DB_DBA_PASSWORD=password        Password of database administrator
      WITH_FASTCGI                    Use FastCGI instead of mod_perl
      WITH_APACHE2                    Use Apache2 as the web server
      INITIAL_INSTALL                 Do initialize DB (for initial
install only)

===>  Extracting for rt-3.0.11
 >> Checksum OK for rt-3.0.11.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for rt-3.0.11
===>   rt-3.0.11 depends on executable:  - not found
===>    Verifying install for  in /usr/ports/
===> archivers
===> archivers/9e
===> archivers/arc
===> archivers/arj
===> archivers/bicom
===> archivers/bzip
===> archivers/bzip2
===>  bzip2-1.0.2 bzip2 is in the base system.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/bzip2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/rt3.

I thought that maybe bzip2 was tripping up the install, so I tried to
'make deinstall' in the bzip2 port directory, but that replies with:
# make deinstall
===>  Deinstalling for bzip2-1.0.2
===>   bzip2-1.0.2 not installed, skipping

Is there some way to avert this message?  I was hoping for this port to
'just work' like the other FreeBSD ports I've encountered.
Many thanks,

Jerod