[rt-users] perl version

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu Jun 24 11:46:31 EDT 2004

		Hello.
Full answer on topic "What should I do with Apache and mod_perl if I
upgraded perl?":

You should rebuild mod_perl
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Should_I_Rebuild_mod_perl_if_I_have_Upgraded_Perl_

If MP is DSO then you don't need rebuild Apache.

*NOTE* *WARNING* *SPECIAL FOR APACHE 1.x USERS* *DON'T SKIP THIS*

If you use Apache1.x+mod_perl1.x you want mod_perl compiled static with
Apache. If you still have question "Why?" then you must read:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#When_DSO_can_be_Used
http://masonhq.com/resources/todo/view.html?id=200
http://www.bricolage.cc/docs/api/1.6/Bric/FAQ.html#Installation
http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#Error%3A%20no%20reb1d13fcf
Do you still have questions about DSO in Apache 1.x?

You don't know how to do it. It's not a big deal:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#The_Flexible_Way
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Installation_Scenarios_for_mod_perl_and_Other_Components

*NOTE* *WARNING* *SPECIAL FOR APACHE 1.x USERS* *DON'T SKIP THIS*

Now, MP2 can be compiled only as DSO and it's fine, so you shouldn't
recompile Apache2 only mod_perl.
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html

				Best regards. Ruslan.