[rt-users] Debian setup: postgres problem?

Jens Porup jens at cyber.com.au
Tue Jun 29 23:30:53 EDT 2004

Worth mentioning:

An apt-get upgrade on my Debian testing server brought down a new version of
request-tracker3 and rt3-clients. This has had no effect on my problem:

	root at request-tracker:~# /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba rtuser \
	>     --prompt-for-dba-password
	In order to create a new database and grant RT access to that database,
	this script needs to connect to your Pg instance on localhost as rtuser.
	Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no database
	password, just press return.

	Password: DBI connect('dbname=template1;host=localhost','rtuser',...) failed:
	could not connect to server: Connection refused at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database
	line 110
	Failed to connect to dbi:Pg:dbname=template1;host=localhost as rtuser: could not
	connect to server: Connection refused at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 110,
	<STDIN> line 1.

Thanks for your help,

Jens